For this project you will work in a team of 3. Your assignment is to produce a 5-10 minute podcast on an issue pertaining to this class. You can either interview an expert on the topic of social media and make that interview available in form of a podcast, or discuss a social media & PR issue in your group and edit that discussion into a podcast.
The goal of this project is two-fold: (1) to produce a meaningful audio resource on the topic of social media, and (2) to demonstrate that you possess the necessary skills to produce a podcast. You will be evaluated both on the content and the technical quality of the podcast.
The specific topic of your interview or your group discussion will depend on the area of expertise of your interviewee and/or your own area of interest. This is your time to be creative! If you decide to interview an outside source, be sure to develop your interview questions ahead of your interview and to phrase your questions in such a way as to avoid simple yes/no type answers.
- Create a 5-10 minute podcast and burn an RSS feed
- Create a blog post about your podcast which links to the podcast, contains the show notes, and is tagged for effective search engine exposure
- Questions invite in-depth exploration of social media issues
- Chosen expert has credibility in topic area
- Discussion explored social media issue in-depth
- Members came across as credible by citing/discussing relevant research
3. Podcast is well edited (use of bumpers & jingles, clean cuts)
4. Audio quality is good (adjusted volume, quality recording)
5. Fulfills the 2 requirements listed above