For this assignment you will create a social media resume which will “announce” your qualifications, goals, job expectations and anything else you deem necessary. Since the social media resume will be published on your blog (and therefore available online), please don’t include any personal information such as phone number, address, DOB, GPA, etc. If you want to list your email, spell out the @, so spam engines won't be able to pick it up (i.e. userid at stedwards dot edu).
Your social media resume should include the podcast and video you created as part of your class assignments. The finished resume should be published to your blog. Please proofread your resume carefully. There's nothing worse than a resume full of typos.
1. Contact info - again, don’t give out personal info here. Listing your blog, or other online ID will be enough
2. A brief introductory paragraph
3. Your qualifications, desired position (the typical resume items)
4. Multimedia files
- Photo (optional): Please note that you are not required to add one. Only add it if you are comfortable having your picture on the Internet
- Podcast: Embed or link to the podcast you created earlier this semester (and any additional ones if applicable). If you will be linking to it, add a podcasting icon to your link.
- Video: Embed or link to the webvideo you created earlier this year (and any additional ones if applicable). If you will be linking to it, add a video icon to your link.
- Graphics (optional): Consider this an online portfolio. If you have created a print ad for an advertising class for instance, add it to show off your skills.
6. RSS, social bookmarking, & Technorati buttons – add these buttons on the bottom of your resume.
You can create your social media resume in a number of ways:
- Create it as a regular blog post and edit/format it within your blog editor
- Use PRXBuilder to format and publish it to your blog
- Use VisualCV, a free online resume creation tool, and link to it from your blog
- Create your resume using GooglePages. It will create a page on "http://yoursitename.googlepages.com", which you can link to from your blog
- Contains all the required elements listed above
- Is well written and free of grammatical or spelling mistakes
- Is well formated
- Contains relevant/substantive information